Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Affair - Lee Child

















The Affair - Lee Child (2011)

Awww Jack Reacher, I swore that if you ended up in another small town walking this way and that way, that we would have to break up for good.  I mean Boyfriend, we know that it would be a cheaper movie to make, but can't you just go to a city every now and again?  The only saving grace that you went to this small town in 1997, and you were still in uniform, sort of, and so I enjoyed that little distraction.  Your author kept mentioning in the last two books about the incidence in your past that ended up with your discharge, so it was nice to find out what you did.

Now back to the Tom Cruise issue - Big NO!!  He is all wrong, too old and too little.  I am thinking you would be more Sam Worthington, big and broody.  If they make a movie and do it wrong it will be all over again Jack Reacher, it's feeling like you're skating on thin ice.

So, back to the book.  It was an ok read - Lee Child is a good author, with great flow, punchy smart and intelligent dialogue and characters and I am sure I won't be able to think of a big train passing the same way again.  I am however, as you can tell still peeved that he seems to have spent the last four books wandering around small derelict towns walking up and down tarmac, and for that I can only offer you a 3/5.

No comments: