Friday, December 22, 2017

Hampstead

As I was home sick, I thought I would be able to manage a couple of hours upright today while I ate my chicken noodle soup.  So I chose this movie, which I had been looking forward to.  In many ways it should have been my cup of tea, delightful London scenes, a cute London flat, Diane Keaton playing Diane Keaton and looking all stylie and cool with her boots, skinny trousers, and cashmere hat and Brendon Gleeson looking all unkempt and cuddly with remarkably ginger eyebrows.  Of course she is the dipsy shop owner who makes friends with the wild man living in the shed on Hampstead heath and they fight against the property developers trying to knock down his dwelling.

Now it could be my fevered mind, but I couldn't really follow the storyline, it all felt a bit muddled to me and although the visuals warmed my heart I didn't finish it thinking I would want to watch it again. 2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like the film may have been counting on its stars more than its script.