Monday, December 11, 2017

Middle Aged Mumster Monday Movie Night In - Patriots Day

After a busy weekend working, it was my middle Aged Mumster Monday Movie Night In.  The candles were lit, the chores discarded, a face mask was donned and the pack of chocolate chippie cookies was cracked open.  I had 20 hours in order to watch Patriots day on my itunes - yippee for 99c specials each week.

As you all probably know, this is the story of the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombings starring Mark Wahlberg and many other notable actors including John Goodman and Kevin Bacon.  I thought it would be all doom and gloom and glory, but it was sensitively handled with a lot of respect shown to the victims.  There is a little gore, but not enough to be offensive and it was nice that some of the survivors were shown at the end of the movie. 4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It's funny that Bacon didn't get some billing on the poster. How much does he appear in the film, I wonder.