Tuesday, July 07, 2009

An Award


I got given this premo meme award from my new friend Jill at http://justmejill.blogspot.com/. I only discovered her blog last week and it so sweet. She is super talented and has her awesome pictures of cats. Don't you think the one below peeking out of the drawers looks like Poppy?!!


Thank you Jill - we didn't know anyone was reading this blog, except Pia in Sweden. Cause she is loyal like that, and we like similar books and movies and appear to be the only readers in the world that disliked by . This caused a flurry of controversy and resulted in the most ever comments on this blog, a grand total of 3!!! We're moving up to the bigtime baby!!

So I have to tell you seven things about myself:

1. Please don't tell me to keep reading , as you are sure I will like it. I tried it, I don't like it. I read a lot, way too much and life is way too short to keep reading or watching anything you don't enjoy.

2. I think I am having a forty year old itch and need to find another career. Today I almost got myself employed as a wedding planner, and I was seriously considering saying yes for something completely different to do.

3. I would love to work for the film festival. Except being an usher, it would kill me climbing the stairs again and again every night.

4. I have no interest in Harry Potter, the movies or the books.

5. I do feel a bit sorry for bookstores going under, but I blame the publishers. Like with CDs you guys got far too greedy. You now want $40 for a book (NZ money), sorry but I'm not buying anymore. I use the library, or buy on trademe and sometimes direct from the US. I can't afford to fork out that money.

6. I wish I could write a book, wish I had a great story to tell and a unique viewpoint. It's hard though. Sometimes it is a struggle to find something new to blog about and I know I wouldn't be disciplined enough.

7. If I won the lottery, my dream house would have floor to ceiling bookcases in a few rooms, and I would buy each and every book I have ever wanted to buy.


You are then meant to tag seven friends, but if you want to play join in. I tag you, if you are reading, if you haven't nodded off by now.

2 comments:

Pia K said...

I will consider myself tagged:)

1. Even if I got myself through the series of 7 (I have no idea how I made it, but I did, I deserve cake!) HP-books and quite enjoy the movies actually, I can fully understand your non-interest. Hyped.

2. And the change in career sounds great, even if a wedding planner in the long run sounds... well, not so fun perhaps, one gig could lead to another and other fun, creative stuff! Go for it! Part time perhaps?

3. Books are pretty great in price if you buy the online in Sweden, or in special bookstores. I most always buy my books, I'm glad they're afforadable.

6+7 - gosh yes, me too, me too...

Jill said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for posting my painting pic on your blog (free advertising-ha)& for the nice comments! We have a lot in common ~ I agree that life's too short to finish a book you don't like & I have no interest in Harry Potter either! Have a great day! ~ Jill