Thursday, July 09, 2009

He s just not that into you

He's just not that into you - dvd (2009)
When this played at the cinema, the ads didn't do anything much for me, and so I waited til the dvd arrived. Normally I would have saved it for Friday night viewing, but as I am on call, I had to relegate it to Thursday night, but it beats Survivor and the reruns of underbelly.

I enjoyed the Gennifer Goodwin/Justin Long storyline and both were sweet and cute onscreen, even without much chemistry. Maybe it was because they were two of the lesser celebritised celebrities in this ensemble piece. Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Connelly all seemed in need of some humour and a whole bucket load of carbs, live a little people, eat the burger bun!! It felt like a bunch of rich actors told to act like average joes, and none of them were particularly believable. It is hard to believe Jennifer Aniston as a left on the shelf spinster, I am sure everywhere she goes men have their tongues hanging out.

So I have to say 2/5, which makes me sad. I wanted to like it, I wanted to laugh out loud, but instead there was just a few silent sniggers.

No comments: