Friday, July 31, 2009

Flame and Citron

Flame and Citron (2008)
Ohhh the frustration, I saw this yesterday and forgot to write about it. I guess one of the few movies I have been to where there were a majority of male viewers. Although I shouldn't be surprised, as there were few films with car chases and violence.

Flame and Citron are two members of the Danish Resistance during the German occupation of Denmark in world war two. As instructions from the Danish leaders and the British become more demanding and confusing, both become disillusioned with who is honest, and who is betraying them. Not knowing who to trust, they continue to murder Nazis and sympathisers, until retaliations and executions increase.

I think it was a well done story, at least without too many Hollywood moments but I was distracted by the first 5 minutes when the main character of Flame, walks to the car past a couple of modern steel garage doors and climbs into the car under a modern streetlight. Aww it kinda ruined the beginning for me, when the rest of the sets and outdoor scenes were well done.

3/5

No comments: