Monday, June 04, 2012

Kris Jenner.... and All Things Kardashian - Kris Jenner

Kris Jenner....and All Things Kardashian - Kris Jenner (2011)

I picked this one up from the library this week, and stayed up and read it all in one go, in a couple of hours.  Because of only having poor peoples tv, I have only managed to see a few of the shows, when house sitting and watching a Keeping up with the Kardashians marathon.  You can't avoid them though, that whole Kardashians are everywhere, magazines, TV and papers.

I didn't expect to like the book, I thought it would be all superficial frothy staff, however it did surprise me.  Kris met her first husband, Robert Kardashian while she was a young flight attendant.  I didn't really know much about her marriage or friendship with OJ  and Nicole Simpson, which took up a lot of the book.  Her second husband Bruce Jenner was covered as well, and I did admire her for putting her family first, and after several bouts of losing all of her money, in a period of a few short years, she has made them an almost household name and made them very very rich.  Her determination and devotion to her family have to be admired.

So, it surprised  me by being both readable and engaging, and I learnt somethings along the way.  For that, I have to give it a 4/5

No comments: