Sunday, June 10, 2012

We Bought a Zoo

We Bought a Zoo - DVD (2011)

I read the original book this movie was based on a year or so ago, and I had thought of going to the cinema to see it when it came out.  But the crazy cinema prices keeps me away from most movies lately, also getting older has made more tight with my money, and if it is a sunny day I feel guilty sitting in the cinema and on a rubbish day I would prefer to stay home.

So after a tasty dinner out with the bestie and an early stop into a local pub to watch the rugby test match, I was home by 9.45pm and able to sit down and watch the DVD before bed.

Even though the story had been heavily Hollywoodised, there was a certain charm to the story of the widower with two kids, who takes on a run down zoo, hoping to restore it to glory and be able to open with paying customers.

I think I prefer Matt Damon being sensitive and sweet to his other muscle bound running roles.  The kids were cute and of course Scarlett Johansson was the perfect love interest, and at least wasn't overly made up for her role as a zookeeper.      So at $4 to lend it from the library, I must say it was a good Saturday night show.

No comments: