Thursday, September 13, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - DVD (2011)

Hmmm , this one confused me a little bit.  I had tried to read the book a couple of years ago, but gave it up after a few pages as it didn't really grip me.  I felt the same about the movie in fact, after starting it, I thought about abandoning the movie several times.

For me, it felt like it should have been a little indie movie, but instead we got Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock with old cardigans and unbrushed hair, wow - what amasing character actors they are,

The main problem though, for me was the main character who somehow I thought should have been sad and vulnerable, but instead I just found him annoying and whiny.  Is that wrong, to judge a child?  I just think the direction on this movie was misplaced, and all the things that could have been a bit of magic were just a bit lost.  2/5

No comments: