Monday, September 10, 2012

More Kindle Ripoffs

If you live in the UK you can buy off Amazon.UK,  and you pay74 pence or about $1.50 NZ.  Instead we have to go through Amazon.Com where we are bundled into the Asia/Pacific region and really ripped off.  We get forced to  pay US$9.99 or NZ$13 .  Almost ten times the price.

My colleagues often ask me about my Kindle, as lately I have returned to borrowing more and more library books.  I check and look, and often only buy books on Amazon on special, sometimes they can be discounted for a week or two.  I recommend that they hold off buying an e-reader if their family member is happy to still borrow books.

It would be better to have a fairer pricing system.  Don't forget that you can still probably buy the books for cheaper through the Book Depositary and get them sent to NZ for free.  Do I feel sorry for Kiwi booksellers - sure, but it has been a long time since I had bought books.  Once the prices went up to NZ$40, it got way out of my price range for affordability.   

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Book Depositary has become dangerous.... But way cheaper than Nz book shops plus I often can't find books I like in shops.
Love Leanne