Friday, January 22, 2010

Clara The Early Years - Margo Kaufman


Clara The Early Years - Margo Kaufman (2009)
I liked this little book about Margo and her life with her two little black pugs. Clara, who seems to engage everyone she meets, is a little character. Last year while shopping at the supermarket, I saw an SPCA collector with a little black pug, sooo cute. I could have bought that little puppy home in a heartbeat, but I knew that it wasn't fair working all the hours I do, and not being home, not having a big back yard, renting and that Poppy would be slightly miffed. After reading this book, I have learnt that although Pugs are lovable, they are slightly demanding and time consuming. Maybe one day.
Half the book, also tells the tale of Margo and her husbands search to adopt a child from China or Russia which was interesting, in its crazy frustrating amounts of red tape and paperwork involved. She has a lovely writing style which is both easy to read and amusing, which sometimes hits the spot. 3/5

2 comments:

Annie Bear said...

Hello, I just recently joined your blog. I haven't left a comment yet, but I too love books and movies. Our tastes are a bit different, but it's good for me to hear about books from genres that I never read. I mainly read mysteries. Anyway, this looks like a cute book and one I'll add to my TBR list.

Vicki

Pia K said...

how cute, yes pugs are just adorable! there's one living in this neighbourhood, when the owners got a new one after the first one passed away of old age they sillily (is there such a word?) named him malte... and we all know there's just one and only malte;) anyway, adorable he is.

i've also sold a cat to a family that has two pugs, they adore the cat because he can reach for treats where they can't and he share.