Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just Say No to Sports


Book Nerd by Auntie Cookie on ETSY, and sorry it's not for sale as it's hanging on my wall.

A couple of years ago, as I neared forty one of the things that bothered me, was why I sat and watched the sports on tv. I guess we grow up in a fmily and watch a variety of shows and with a father and brother in the house, weekend sports were pretty high up on the viewing list.

When my little dvd recorder joined my family,things - well, they changed. I set the recorder to tape the news every night, but seldom watch more than 20 minutes of it. Usually the news items at the beginning, and then the weather at the end. Sports - well now I watch none. None at all, no tennis, no rugby, no football, netball or anything with a ball, running shoes or too much lycra. It's freedom. I'd rather watch a cooking show, entertainment news or talk about reading in that time. In fact I often now use that time to cook a nice meal, then I can watch the abridged news while sitting down, and then get on with my night.

Aaah the joys of living alone.

2 comments:

Annie Bear said...

I love it! The picture, the title and the not watching sports--so me! :)

Pia K said...

i agree with lucy the cat!! and i love the aunty cookie style, i've now favourited some of her etsy stuff but it seems like you've snatched the best motifs:)

i have a favourite old postcard with a painting of a cat by a swedish artist - that i plan to blog about one day - that says 'what luck that i didn't became a sporty animal'. indeed it is!