Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Four Holidays - Dvd


Four Holidays - DVD (2008)

After coming out the Christmas before last, but wasn't released on DVD here til this year, I guess to make the most of the holiday market. On the whole it was a harmless little rom/comedy that tried like too many, to be funny and serious at the same time, a mixture that seldom works and more often than not confuses me.

I enjoyed the beginning meet each other in a bar set up and the going home and meeting Brads dads family first. Just so much of it seemed false and pretentious. Considering they spent quite a bit of time in the car and in the country, they didn't seem to be rushing around to get to four families in a day. She looked too prissy all day and like her hair and makeup had been done (as I am sure it had), every time she turned up and rang the doorbell. Oh my goodness, you should see how crazy I look after going visiting. And where was the food, no one seemed to be eating and it was Christmas, how bizarre.

Anyways, it's harmless and not going to win any awards and expect it to join the realm of many a Bgrade Christmas movie relegated to 11am on the box. 2/5

No comments: