Thursday, July 26, 2018

Frasier

I was glad to read this article about Frasier on The Guardian website today saying that there is talk about it returning as a series.  They have been playing the old seasons show on Prime tv each afternoon at 5pm, and I have been recording it to watch.  The like the snobbish radio psychiatrist who has a fair bit of social anxiety, and each time I watch I find myself smiling at the wit and banter, which seems to be lacking in many of the formulaic comedies that are on tv.  In fact I can't really think of any modern comedies that amuse me at the moment, even Modern Family can be a bit hit or miss. 

So this middle aged lady viewer would welcome back Frasier, Niles, Daphne and Ros to see what has happened in their lives since they have been off air.

2 comments:

John Bellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Bellen said...

I enjoyed "Frasier" greatly, and especially liked the intelligent dialogue. It must have been tough to write because Frasier and Niles had to speak in ways and using words that may not have been familiar to many audience-members. And they had to be funny while doing it. John Mahoney won't be with a renewed series, sadly, as he died earlier this year.

I am wary of a renewed series, though, worried that it may not match the earlier version. It's difficult to recapture the essence of something after such an interval.