Thursday, December 27, 2018

Becoming The Supervet - Noel Fitzpatrick

It is always interesting to read a book like this, about someone who has had a lifelong passion for what they do.  Noel Fitzpatrick was a bit of a lonely boy growing up on a rural Irish farm, who develops an persona of Vetman - someone who protects and looks after all animals.  He has gone on to specialize in Neuro and Ortho cases, to develop new procedures and new prosthetics for animals, lecture in the UK and Us and open his own hospital, as well as appearing in The Supervet on television.

As I've got older I can't watch many shows about animals being in pain, but have watched a couple of his shows and you have to admire his dedication to trying to do the best for the dogs and cats and people he looks after.   I didn't realize until I had read the book that he is trying to integrate the sharing of information and techniques between human and animal medicine.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I think veterinarians providing knowledge is the key to having less pain and suffering in pets' lives. I wish more vets did that.