Friday, December 21, 2018

I'll Be There For You - Kelsey Miller

Look, I'm not sure if this is the definitive book about the history about the TV show Friends, and the cultural phenomenon that it became.  I think, that is the authors experience of it, a woman now in her thirties that grew up with it on tele, but rediscovered it more in reruns.  I sort of feel my own experience is a bit more relevant, as I watched them all weekly, the old school way when we had to wait a whole year after a cliff hanger for the new series, and was the same age as the actresses on screen, wishing that I had their fab New York apartment and life style and haircuts and clothes, and boyfriends.

I think we all fell a bit in love with Friends, and even after years of reruns it still makes me smile, at its silliness and innocence.  I didn't learn a whole lot from the book, most of which I knew already, but it was a quick read. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I can't say I ever liked the series, though I did watch some episodes...