Tuesday, January 15, 2019

An Audience With Nick Cave



Very occasionally I venture into town after 6pm and for special occasions only.  Last year I was browsing the internet and found that Nick Cave was coming for a show where he sung and took questions from the audience.  I knew that none of my friends would be interested and so thought I would treat myself and bought a solo ticket. 

I have listened to Nick Cave off and on from when I first heard From Her to Eternity in 1984 as a teenager.  His music is hard to describe, some of it punk, some hard rock but there is a lot of softness and ballads.  This song - Into  My Arms is one of my favorites, and when he played it it was amazing!!  Just so talented, the whole show was just him and his piano, such beauty in his words and music.   I feel so lucky to have been there.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like a wonderful time. I'm glad you were able to go.