Friday, January 11, 2019

One Day in December - Josie Silver

Look I read this because it was in Reese Witherspoons Book Club more than anything, and tall the reviews were a little hyped up about how much the readers loved it.  This is the story of Laurie, who on one miserable December day looks out the bus window and sees the man who she knows is the one.  The rest of the story is how they they finally meet, and do they get together?

This book did resonate with me a bit because it is my parents story.  My 18 year old father had looked out a bus window almost 60 years ago, and spied the 16 year old girl and told his friend that he was going  to Marry - so it does happen.  Oh and they did get married and had 44 years together.

So it was okay, but I did expect some magic that maybe I didn't find, and in fact I got a bit annoyed with some of the characters as they seemed to like a bit too much of a moan, instead of getting on with things.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I think I'd rather read about your parents - real life is always more interesting.