Saturday, January 05, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Lady Bird

Today was a lazy day, but once dinner is eaten and the jobs done, as the evening creeps in it is time to draw the curtains and light the candles and sit and watch a movie.  This one was on my meaning to watch it list from last year.  Lady Bird is a coming of age movie about Lady Bird, who is trying to figure herself out and finding a way to fit in with the girls and the boys, and with her family when she is at that awkward pace where everything seems to be going wrong.

I get that I am probably too old to fully appreciate the story, but all I could think of while I watched it was that it was a modern Pretty in Pink movie, just with more angst and overthinking.  I felt it was one of those things that you are told you should like, but didn't do it for me - like opera, quinoa and The Walking Dead.   Not quite my cup of tea - 2/5.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Coming of age movies is not a genre I have ever liked much. Perhaps it's because I don't think most adolescence is like movies. It may not be a great time for all, but it's rarely complicated.