Saturday, January 26, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - RBG

Last year I so wanted to see this documentary at the film festival, but they played it in the tiniest of cinemas at the most awkward of times.   I then got a crazy awful flu that floored me and meant that the ticket I acquired could not be used.  Such a shame.   So it has been a long time waiting the 5 months for this to be released on itunes so that I could watch it.  The best bit that it coming out this week it was 99c.  So even though I have a backload of watching material this was my Saturday night pizza on the couch, candles lit viewing.

RBG is the story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg a current Associative Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.   Such an interesting look at a fascinating woman, who has spent her life fighting for equal rights for women.   Hats off to her for attending Law School while a young mother with a young child.  Then her husband had cancer, so she helped type up his notes as well, often coping with only a couple of hours sleep each night.  I am in awe of that work ethic, especially as she faced discrimination in trying to get a job as a lawyer, as employers would not take her on.

Gosh our world needs more stories like this.  Of women and men doing great things for society and making life better for everyone.

5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I always like to find my own reasons for admiring someone, rather than those that society or special interest groups apply, and Ginsberg sounds like my type of person.