Sunday, January 13, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Edie

I never really thought about it until this week, but with the sad demise of any good shows on the Television, and the loss of DVD shops and sales, the older crowd that do not stream anything have been forced back into going to the movie theaters.  That will be why when I went to see A Star is Born at 10:30am last week, the cinema was filled with retirees.  I feel at 50 that I am somewhat a forgotten audience, the middle aged are not as well catered for as the 20 year olds and the pensioners, although I sense a change in the air.

I had seen Edie shorts shown, and didn't get to see it until last night.  It is the story of Edie whose husband dies, and she sets out on a journey she has wanted to do for over 40 years to a remote hill in Scotland.  Edie is a bit head strong and stubborn, and although there was beautiful scenery and moments of bliss, such as Edie flying down a hill on a mountain bike, I just felt it was a tad too slow for me.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

You are right that a certain age bracket is ignored. But when the majority of the population falls into that group, and they still have power to vote, things will change.