Friday, August 02, 2019

A White, White Day - Film Festival 2019

Now I have a simple method for choosing what films I see.  I looked at this years book the night before I could attend the festival and quickly glance and pick the movies that sound ok.  This way I don't obsess over any and I get to see a fair selection. 

This one I couldn't remember anything about it so discovered it as I watched.  An Icelandic movie we get to meet Policeman Ingimundur who begins to unravel after the death of his wife.  In a remote Icelandic town he begins to discover some things about his wife after receiving a box of her belongings and he goes a bit crazy for a while.  To be honest it was a bit of a grim watch, but was only saved by the sweetness that he shared with his eight year old grand daughter.  3.5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It's funny that for a small country with a tiny population, Iceland produces a decent number of movies.