Saturday, August 03, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Widows

You think that after spending the week at the film festival I'd be over watching movies, but Saturday was cold and windy and dinner was over and done with early, so it was time to a good old streamed movie.  This one had been on my radar for a while so I was looking forward to watching it. The candles were lit, and I got myself a big bowl of ice cream (choc chip mint from Whittakers), and plonked myself on the couch.

Four women are left to try and take over from their husbands after all four are killed trying to steal some money.  After pressure is put on them by a hard man, they set themselves up to steal millions to pay him back the money he says he is owed.  Smartly written and directed this movie has none of the cheesiness of Oceans 8, which set a lot of scenes up with too many gags and felt a bit forced.  It is nice to see real drama centered around the women with a lot of men playing supporting roles.  4/5

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

Sounds like a really good movie.

John Bellen said...

Was this a tv series at one time? The story-line seems familiar to me...