Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Everybody Died, So I Got a Dog - Emily Dean

I have been listening to Emily Deans podcast Walking the Dog for some time, so I was aware of some bits about family and upbringing, and I was excited to hear about this memoir and rushed to reserve it old school style,  from the local  library . I enjoyed the stories which are mainly centered around her growing up with eccentric parents, her older sister Rachel and a slightly potty sounding grandmother.  Emily and her sister always wanted a dog but never had one, and had a  fascination with dog families, those ones you see on adverts all happy and smiling and sitting down for dinner together each night.

I won't give away the last part of the book, the title describes what happens to her and I did enjoy that she finds happiness with her dog Raymond, and listening to her podcasts and reading her writing I can see how much joy he has brought back into her life.  She is funny and smart and I enjoyed her humor about death and grief.  5/5




1 comment:

John Bellen said...

As long as the dog doesn't die until after a long and happy life...