Friday, August 09, 2019

American Woman - Film Festival 2019

I always feel somewhat sad on the last day of the film festival (well it is for me, I have to work over the weekend so this was my last day), and this was the last one of 2019 for me.  American woman is the story of Deb over a period of 11 years.  As a single mother she starts with her young daughter and grandson and ends up raising the grandson alone, with a series of men in her life.  Sierra Miller is pretty amazing as the wild Deb, whose overstyled hair, heavy make up and crazy clothes relax over the years as she mellows and calms down.   She really holds the screen and you can't help but admire her - we all know this type of woman even if the stories are different. 4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

That's a long way for Miller from "G.I. Joe"...