Tuesday, August 06, 2019

The Miracle of the Little Prince - Film Festival 2019

 
This documentary talks about how The Little Prince, the 1942 novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.  It has been translated into over 300 languages, making it the most translated book (besides the bible).  In this movie, we get to meet four translators who are translating it into languages that are at risk of getting lost.  From the Sahara desert, the Norway Finland border, El Salvador and to Tibetan exiles in Paris we also get to see how the story of the lost little prince resonates with so many people.

I tried several times over the years to read the book, but it never really resonated with me and I don't remember ever finishing it.  So the movie wasn't too magical for me, but maybe others really were affected by it.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I'm with you on the effect of the book. It never got me going.