Friday, January 06, 2012

Flash and Bones - Kathy Reichs

Flash and Bones - Kathy Reichs (2011)

Oh Dr Temperance, I do much prefer you in book form.  For the record, I did record the whole last season of Bones that played in 2011, and have only finished watching it before the new year.  I know the series and book are different, but I like the smart doctor, the more lengthy medical explanations without the cheesyness we get on screen.

In this novel there are a couple of stories centred around NASCAR racing in

Charlotte, which for me is a bit of a snooze.  As I'm not into cars, although I can appreciate that the author took the time to really look into the scene, and knew what she was writing about.  As usual her book was on the whole entertaining, but as usual it loses points for me by having Dr B again getting trapped by the baddie.  Why oh why does this have to happen every story?  For me, I just want to hear about the pile up of bodies, not have the main character abducted or threatened - can't she see that coming, cos I sure can.  Still, I'll still read the next one.  3/5

No comments: