Monday, January 23, 2012

The Janus Stone - Elly Griffiths

The Janus Stone - Elly Griffiths (2010)

Now Ruth, I think I enjoyed your earlier adventures in The Crossing Places best, don't be offended but it usually is the way.  First books are always somewhat more enjoyable than the following ones as often it is a hard act to follow.

I'd truly like to hear about your new adventures and already have your new book reserved at the library.  I spied it at the bookshop yesterday, and gently caressed its covers but wouldn't part with the $29 needed, as that will buy a few groceries or pay for a cheap curry night out.

Could I give you some advice though?  Friend to friend - quit going to dig sites by yourself, it always leads to trouble and don't keep meeting up with strange men who turn out to be the murderers in secluded places.  Meet them for a coffee at McDs or at the pub, more crowds - less chance of being abducted by a loony.  Oh and please don't get taken/threatened/attacked/burgled every book.  If that happens I'm going to have to stray, and start reading other authors.

Good luck with the baby.

xxx
3/5

No comments: