Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Jane Austen Ruined My Life - Beth Pattilio

Jane Austen Ruined My Life - Beth Pattilio (2009)

Emma Grant is an University Professor, who finds her life falling apart when she discovers her husband cheating.  So escaping to London, she  is tempted by an invitation to read some of Jane Austens lost letters.

I liked the historical aspect, learning about Janes life and the made up letters were sweet, and I liked following along on the adventure.    So much so that I stayed up late reading, and managed to get it read in a couple of hours (on my kindle too).

The romance was a bit drippy for me, a bit too convienient and unbelievable and I was a bit confused by the ending, it seemed  a bit abrupt and not quite the right fit.  Still, for the most part it was a cheery read, and felt like a good summer story.  3/5

No comments: