Saturday, January 07, 2012

Happy Accidents - Jane Lynch

Happy Accidents - Jane Lynch (2011)

So a bout of insomnia last night had me lying there, and rather than stare at the ceiling I picked up this book.  I had only grabbed from the library yesterday, but when flicking through it it had made me smile.

I didn't really expect to enjoy it - but I did.  Jane Lynchs memoir was quite sweet in fact.  A childhood growing up she always knew she was different, and finally as a teenage was able to realise that she might be a Lesbian, but don't worry the books not all about that.

For years she struggled with bit parts in tv shows and movies befoe making it big in Best in Show, the 40 year old Virgin and of course as Sue Sylvester in Glee.  If anyone thinks that living in New York would be like living in Friends, you should read Sues chapters on living on not much money in crazy shared apartments.

The last part of her story is about her romance and then marriage to her partner Laura and becoming a mother.  It was sweet and a true case of love at first sight.  The whole book made me smile and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  4/5.

No comments: