Thursday, April 05, 2018

It's All Relative - A.J. Jacobs

Author A.J. Jacobs looks into his own family tree and tells us stories about his own grand and great grandparents and how they ended up in America.  He also looks into how the internet has opened up the whole genealogy field, and that new sites seek to link all of family trees together to show us how we are all related. 

He also tries to break a world record by inviting all his family and people on his tree to the worlds biggest family reunion - which always seems like it will be a bit hard to organize in only a year.   I wanted to like it more as it is an interesting topic, but I felt a bit ho hum about the book.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I recall seeing a photograph of a reunion of Howards in England; I think there were either 300 or 500 of them, but I believe it was held at Arundel Castle, on the Duke of Norfolk’s estate. He at least had the room for all of them. I don’t think I’d want to have too many of my family come; most of them would be strangers, anyway.